Ah, the 90’s takes us back to a time when MTV played music, almost no one had a cellphone, and everyone wore flannel. Ready to reminisce about your childhood? Here are 20 nostalgic signs you’re a 90’s kid…
After reading this, can you think of anything the list didn’t capture? I’d love to see your comments below.
1. first, You died a million deaths of dysentery…
2. You can also remember the excitement of hearing “you’ve got mail.”
3. The Smell of Teen Spirit pumps you up.
4. Your Tomagatchi probably died of neglect or low battery. Times have changed, since now you can get the classic Tomagatchi on your phone.
5. Your interest in books began with Goosebumps (and for some might have evolved into Fear Street).
6. When you think of Blockbuster, wait– you think of Blockbuster? anyway, Be kind, rewind.
7. Your favorite piece of jewelry used to be edible… you liked to wear your jewelry and eat it, too.
8. Some part of you still thinks that Saturday mornings were made for cartoons.
9. The sound of an ice cream truck reminds you of that TMNT head on a stick with bubble gum eyeballs. They were “totally radical.”
10. Your first car had a yellow hood, a red body, and got seriously low mileage (since it was foot-powered).
11. Your best “Friends” was on TV.
12. You’ve also known Cartman, Kenny, Kyle, and Stan for about two decades.
13. Whether you liked pop or not, you can remember Britney Spears’ rise to fame with “Baby, One More Time.”
14. Remember “baby Cha-cha?” The “Dancing Baby” was high-tech stuff.
15. The Dancing Baby brings up another memory of when you ate lunch while waiting for your pictures to load on the internet.
16. Half of the boys in your childhood yearbook have bowl cuts parted down the middle and the girls had butterfly clips.
17. You used to communicate via pager codes… 07734
18. destiny was predicted by the game of M.A.S.H. (Mansion, Apartment, Shack, House)
19. All your female friends used to glitter.
20. There was time in your life that you collected circular pieces of cardboard, stacked them up, and threw a heavy chip at them to watch them topple. Pogs (aka milk caps) and Slammers were serious business in the 90’s. If you got this reference, you’re probably a 90’s kid.